Zero Two (ゼロツー, Zero Tsū) was a Japanese fiction character, a member of the APE Special Forces, a Pistil, a Parasite, and a pilot in the manga and anime series “Darling in the Franxx” made by Kentaro Yabuki and published by Shueisha. The anime was directed by Atsushi Nishigori.
Zero Two, also known by Codename 002, was created on 27 February, (age unknown) in the laboratory of Dr. Franxx. Her Zodiac sign is Pieces. Her blood type is Klaxosaur Blood. She was created as a human-klaxosaur hybrid in a laboratory and was subjected to experiments and harsh treatment. As her path crosses with Hiro, the protagonist of the series, who becomes her partner they form a deep bond and connection, with Zero Two recognizing Hiro as her true “darling” and giving him the nickname “Darling.” Together, they pilot the powerful Franxx unit called Strelizia to protect humanity.
Height (approx): 5’7″
Weight (approx): 55 kg
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Pink
Special Feature: Horns
Zero Two belongs to a unique and rare species known as a human-klaxosaur hybrid and Klaxosaurs are monstrous creatures that inhabit the post-apocalyptic world of the series. Zero Two’s hybrid nature sets her apart from both humans and klaxosaurs as she possesses both human and klaxosaur characteristics, combining the strength and regenerative abilities of klaxosaurs with the appearance and emotions of a human. This hybrid status makes her a powerful and enigmatic figure in the story making her the strongest Franxx pilot.
Parents and Siblings
Zero Two’s parents are not explicitly shown or mentioned in the series as her backstory reveals that she was created as a human-klaxosaur hybrid in a laboratory by Dr. Franxx. She was raised in a facility known as the Garden, where she was subjected to experiments and treated as a test subject. The caretaker of the facility, who is referred to as “Papa” by the children in the Garden, is a higher-ranking individual associated with the APE organization.
Love Interest- Boyfriend
Zero Two meets Hiro and is immediately captivated by him. She proposes that he becomes her “darling” as a stamen and they become partners in piloting the Franxx. Their bond grows stronger as they successfully pilot together and overcome challenges. As they face ups and downs in their relationship, with Hiro learning about Zero Two’s past and feeling wary of her, but he ultimately realizes his true feelings for her and vows to always be by her side.
They continue to deepen their connection, expressing their affection through playful teasing and intimate moments. However, their relationship faces strain when Zero Two’s true nature as a monster is revealed, causing Hiro to momentarily distance himself from her. But as Hiro and Zero Two regain their erased memories, they regain their trust and love for each other, and Hiro becomes determined to support Zero Two even if it means sacrificing his own life. They fight together and their bond strengthens further, leading to the restoration of Strelizia’s full power.
During her childhood, Zero Two underwent trials in a lab in order to create a human-klaxosaur hybrid, giving her both human and klaxosaur characteristics. Due to her hybrid origin, Zero Two got distinct skills and features, including two distinct red horns on her head. She was raised at a place called Garden, a facility where she was used as a test subject and put through several tests. She was raised under the supervision of “Papa,” the facility’s carer. However, Zero Two wished for independence and a chance to be with her real love, whom she referred to as her “darling” so she ran away from the place.
Zero Two’s design in the anime “Darling in the Franxx” underwent a meticulous process to make her an iconic figure and the visual centerpiece of the series. The creative team, led by character designer Masayoshi Tanaka and director Atsushi Nishigori, aimed to create a visually appealing character with a captivating presence. They focused on defining Zero Two’s essence rather than just her appearance, starting with the concept of a “badass transfer student.”
This concept served as a foundation for developing her design and personality, emphasizing her unique role and impact within the story. Zero Two had the most time-consuming design process and was intended to be an iconic figure to serve as a flagship for Darling in the Franxx.
Zero Two’s character and nature undergo significant development throughout the series. Initially introduced as a mysterious and aloof figure with a killer’s reputation, her true essence and personal growth gradually unfold, revealing a complex and multidimensional character. At the beginning of the series, she is depicted as a seemingly emotionless and distant individual. However, her encounter with Hiro marks a pivotal moment in her life and sets her character development in motion.
Through their growing bond, Zero Two’s cold exterior begins to melt, revealing her vulnerability and capacity for deep emotions. She learns to trust and form connections with others, ultimately discovering the true meaning of love and acceptance. Furthermore, Zero Two’s journey involves reconciling her dual nature as a human-klaxosaur hybrid. She grapples with feelings of otherness and struggles to find her place in a society that rejects her. As the series progresses, she embraces her uniqueness and learns to appreciate the strength in her differences.
As Zero Two delves deeper into her quest for freedom and self-discovery, her nature evolves from that of a solitary and misunderstood individual to a fiercely loyal and protective companion. She learns the value of friendship and gradually breaks free from her isolated existence. Her growth is also evident in her willingness to confront her own past and face her inner demons, seeking redemption and personal growth along the way.
In the climax of the series, Zero Two’s character and nature reach their zenith. She embodies her newfound understanding of love and sacrifice as she merges with the klaxosaur princess, unlocking her full potential. Her actions reflect her transformation into a selfless and determined force, fighting to protect her loved ones and bring an end to the conflict.
Overall, Zero Two’s life in the anime is a journey of self-discovery, love, and sacrifice. Through her experiences, she evolves from a mysterious and misunderstood character into a powerful and empathetic force, leaving an indelible mark on the world of “Darling in the Franxx.”
Zero Two is a hybrid being, part-human and part-klaxosaur, known as a “Partner Killer” due to the death of her previous partners. Despite her reputation, she becomes attached to Hiro, the protagonist, and develops a deep connection with him. Their bond strengthens as they discover they had met as children and made a promise to be together but had lost the memories for a long time. Throughout the series, Zero Two struggles with her identity and longing for acceptance while she struggles with her monster-like appearance and the desire to become fully human. This inner conflict drives her actions and decisions as she strives to find her place in the world.
Zero Two’s journey is also intertwined with her role as a pilot and the Pistil (female pilot) in the FRANXX, a giant mecha used to fight against the klaxosaurs. She exhibits exceptional piloting skills when partnered with Hiro, they achieve remarkable synergy and power to become the Ace and lead the rest of the Franxx. Their partnership becomes a central element of the story and a driving force behind their actions.
As the series progresses, Zero Two’s relationship with Hiro undergoes trials and challenges as they face obstacles, confront their pasts, and navigate complex emotions. Their bond evolves, deepening their love and connection while also testing their resolve. In the final arc of the series, Zero Two plays a pivotal role in the battle against the VIRM, an alien species threatening humanity. She merges with the klaxosaur princess to unleash her full potential, sacrificing herself to save her friends and defeat the final boss. Her sacrifice leaves a lasting impact on the story and the characters, symbolizing her unwavering determination and love.
In the final battle against the VIRM (an alien species threatening humanity), Zero Two and her partner Hiro pilot the Strelizia True Apus, a powerful mecha. However, in order to defeat the VIRM and put an end to the war, she must go beyond her limits so she uses her klaxosaur powers and merges with the klaxosaur princess, amplifying her strength but at a great personal cost. She continues fighting and gives it her all to protect her loved ones and ensure their victory. Ultimately, Zero Two sacrifices herself to deliver the final blow to the VIRM and liberate the souls that they captured. Her sacrifice saves everyone by eliminating the immediate threat and ending the war and her sacrifice becomes a symbol of hope and inspires her friends and allies to continue fighting for a better world.
Zero Two is an unbeatable pilot and takes part in several thrilling battles throughout the anime. Here are some of the standout battles showcasing her impressive skills and determination:
- Battle at the Gran Crevasse: Zero Two’s abilities as a pilot are prominently displayed during the intense battle at the Gran Crevasse, where she fights alongside Hiro and their allies against a horde of klaxosaurs. With her remarkable agility, she single-handedly takes down numerous enemies, showcasing her exceptional combat abilities and piloting finesse.
- Showdown with the Giant Klaxosaur: In a monumental clash, Zero Two and Hiro pilot Strelizia in order to confront a massive and powerful klaxosaur threatening their city. After finally getting their synchronized movements and strategic maneuvers, they were able to demonstrate their unparalleled synergy and the true strength of their bond as they worked together.
- Zero Two vs Klaxosaur Princess: The battle is a test of strength and determination between the two powerful entities. Zero Two, with her unique abilities and determination, unleashes her full potential as she fights to protect her friends and the future of humanity. She utilizes Strelizia’s arsenal of weapons and her own klaxosaur traits to engage in a fierce and high-stakes combat with the Klaxosaur Princess.
- Final Battle against the VIRM: In the ultimate battle to protect humanity, Zero Two, alongside her allies, confronts the VIRM, an extraterrestrial threat. With her unwavering resolve and determination, she unleashes her full power, combining her klaxosaur abilities with Strelizia’s formidable arsenal to engage in a high-stakes and climactic battle that decides the fate of humanity.
- Defeating the Gutenberg-class Klaxosaur: In one of the early battles, Zero Two and her partner Hiro pilot the Strelizia and successfully defeat a formidable Gutenberg-class Klaxosaur. This victory showcases Zero Two’s exceptional combat skills and the power of their partnership.
- Overcoming the “Partner Killer” reputation: Zero Two had a reputation as the “Partner Killer” due to her previous partners suffering injuries or even death after three times of piloting with her. However, her bond with Hiro breaks that pattern, as they develop a deep connection and manage to pilot together without any negative consequences. Overcoming this reputation is a personal victory for Zero Two and a testament to the strength of her relationship with Hiro.
- Liberation of the Gran Crevasse: Zero Two plays a crucial role in liberating the Gran Crevasse, a stronghold of the klaxosaurs, from enemy control. She leads the charge, showcasing her fierce determination and combat prowess, and helps turn the tide in the battle against the klaxosaurs.
- Defeating the Super Lehmann-class Klaxosaur: Zero Two and her partner Hiro face a massive Super Lehmann-class Klaxosaur, which poses a significant threat to humanity, and through their unwavering resolve and strong teamwork, they manage to defeat this colossal enemy, protecting their friends and securing a major victory.
- The final victory against the VIRM: Zero Two merges with the klaxosaur princess to unlock her full potential, and with her newfound power, she delivers the final blow, destroying the VIRM’s core and liberating the captured souls. This victory not only saves everyone but also marks the end of the war and inspires hope for a better future.
- Struggling with partner compatibility: Zero Two’s klaxosaur blood caused her previous partners to become critically injured or die after three times piloting with her. This led to her facing difficulties in forming stable connections with other pilots. It took time for her to find true compatibility with Hiro and break free from this cycle of failure.
- Emotional detachment and isolation: Due to her unique nature and past experiences, Zero Two struggled with emotional detachment and a sense of isolation. She often felt like a monster and believed she couldn’t truly connect with others.
- Loss of memories and identity: Zero Two had lost her memories of her childhood and the promise she made with Hiro. This loss of identity caused her to question her purpose and added to her sense of failure. It wasn’t until later in the series that she regained her memories and rediscovered her true self.
- Unable to survive in the final battle: While her sacrifice in the final battle against the VIRM was a victory in terms of defeating the enemy, it was also a personal failure for Zero Two as she had to give up her own life. This meant that she couldn’t continue her life with her loved one, and fulfill her dreams of finding happiness.
As a human-klaxosaur hybrid, Zero Two initially battles against the klaxosaurs, giant bio-mechanical creatures that threaten humanity. While the klaxosaurs are not individuals or specific characters, they serve as a constant threat and obstacle for Zero Two and her squad.
The APE is an organization that governs human society in the series. They view klaxosaurs as enemies and seek to maintain control over humanity, and Zero Two becomes an enemy of the APE when she defies their authority and pursues her own goals.
Dr. Franxx is the scientist and creator of the FRANXX, the mechas used to fight against the klaxosaurs. While initially portrayed as an ally, Dr. Franxx’s true motives and actions become a source of conflict for Zero Two and the other characters, challenging their beliefs and trust in him.
The VIRM is an alien species that pose a significant threat to humanity, and they seek to assimilate all lifeforms and civilizations into their collective consciousness. Zero Two and her squad engage in a final battle against the VIRM, making them formidable foes in the series’ climax.
Zero Two forms various friendships and alliances with different characters throughout the series “Darling in the Franxx.” Some of her notable friends and allies include:
The bond between Hiro and Zero Two is a central aspect of the series, as they share a deep connection and love for each other, transcending their roles as partners in the FRANXX. Their compatibility in piloting and emotional understanding strengthens their relationship. His presence helps her confront her inner struggles and find her identity. Soon after, their love becomes a driving force in their fight for a better world, and despite the challenges, their bond remains unbroken, even across dimensions.
Zero Two becomes a member of Squad 13, a group of young pilots who operate the FRANXX. She develops friendships with her squadmates, including Ichigo, Goro, Mitsuru, Kokoro, Futoshi, Zorome, and Miku. They go through shared experiences, training, and battles together, forming a tight-knit group.
Nana and Hachi are the adult supervisors of Squad 13. While initially strict and distant, they gradually develop a more supportive and caring relationship with Zero Two and the squad, offering guidance and assistance when needed.
Despite the conflicts with Dr. Franxx mentioned earlier, he also serves as a mentor figure for Zero Two and plays a significant role in her development. He provides her with knowledge about her origins and helps her understand her purpose.
While initially an enemy, the Klaxosaur Princess forms an unusual connection with Zero Two. They share a similar nature as klaxosaur hybrids and develop a complex relationship as the series progresses.
Zero Two’s personality can be characterized as an ESTP type of person. She embodies the traits of an outgoing and charismatic individual who thrives on excitement and adventure. She is known for her straightforwardness, and for saying exactly what she thinks, and her dynamic nature and ability to think on her feet make her unpredictable and always ready to face challenges head-on. As an ESTP, she values her freedom and dislikes feeling tied down, preferring unpredictability over routine. Her willpower to succeed and her dislike of boring work are reflected in her personality.
Fighting Skills: 9/10
Leadership Quality: 6/10
Zero Two’s default outfit as a pilot is a visually striking and practical pilot suit that perfectly captures her role as a skilled and formidable pilot. The suit is designed with a sleek and form-fitting silhouette, accentuating her agile movements and combat prowess. The primary color of the suit is white, which symbolizes purity and innocence. This color choice is intriguing, considering Zero Two’s complex and enigmatic nature. The white color also serves as a canvas to highlight the vibrant red accents scattered throughout the suit. The red accents on the pilot suit are strategically placed to draw attention and create a sense of visual contrast. They symbolize Zero Two’s fiery and passionate spirit, as well as her strong connection to the Franxx mechas, which are also predominantly red in color.
As a transfer student in the series, Zero Two’s school uniform exudes a sense of elegance and sophistication. The centerpiece of her uniform is a sleek black blazer, which adds a touch of formality and authority to her overall look. It fits her slender frame perfectly, accentuating her graceful stature. The black color conveys a sense of mystery and contrasts with the white shirt underneath. Beneath the blazer, Zero Two wears a crisp white shirt that symbolizes purity and innocence. The white color adds a sense of freshness and brightness to her uniform. It also serves as a canvas to highlight the vibrant accents of her ensemble. To complete the uniform, she wears a red bow tie that adds a pop of color, and the bold red hue represents her fiery and passionate personality, standing out against the predominantly black and white color scheme, and her uniform is paired with a pleated skirt.
When Zero Two enters the cockpit of the Franxx named Strelizia, she undergoes a transformation that activates the mecha. Her eyes turn bright red, and a pair of red horns sprout from her forehead. This transformation signifies her synchronization with the Franxx and grants her enhanced physical abilities and combat prowess.
As a human-klaxosaur hybrid, Zero Two possesses klaxosaur blood within her. In intense battles or moments of heightened emotions, her klaxosaur traits awaken, leading to a more significant transformation. Her appearance changes, with her skin turning blue, her fangs becoming more pronounced, and her horns growing longer. This transformation amplifies her strength, speed, and endurance, making her a formidable force against her enemies.
True Apus Sterlizia Form
In the final arc of the series, Zero Two merges with the klaxosaur princess and undergoes a powerful transformation. This transformation combines her klaxosaur heritage with her piloting skills, resulting in the creation of Strelizia True Apus. In this form, Zero Two gains immense power and becomes a key player in the battle against the VIRM. The transformation includes massive wings and an overall more majestic and imposing appearance.
- Piloting Expertise: Zero Two is an extraordinarily skilled pilot, capable of operating the Franxx mechas with precision. She exhibits exceptional control over her movements, showcasing her agility, reflexes, and coordination. Her piloting skills are amplified when partnered with Hiro, allowing them to achieve remarkable synergy and unleash the full potential of their Franxx, Strelizia.
- Combat Abilities: Zero Two is a formidable combatant, displaying exceptional hand-to-hand combat skills and weapon proficiency. She possesses extraordinary physical strength, speed, and endurance, allowing her to overpower and outmaneuver her opponents. Her klaxosaur heritage enhances her combat prowess, granting her superior strength and regenerative abilities.
- Klaxosaur Connection: As a human-klaxosaur hybrid, Zero Two shares a deep connection with the klaxosaurs, which gives her unique insights and abilities. She can communicate with klaxosaurs and understand their behavior, allowing her to strategize and exploit their weaknesses during battles.
- Resilience and Endurance: Zero Two possesses incredible resilience and endurance, both physically and emotionally. She can endure significant physical strain and injuries, often pushing herself to the limit in battle. Additionally, she exhibits great emotional strength, persevering through personal challenges and maintaining her resolve even in the face of adversity.
- Enhanced Physical Traits: Zero Two possesses enhanced physical abilities that make her a formidable opponent in combat. Her klaxosaur heritage grants her superhuman strength, surpassing that of an average human. This enables her to overpower adversaries and effortlessly handle heavy weapons and equipment. In addition to her strength, Zero Two exhibits extraordinary speed and agility, allowing her to swiftly maneuver through the battlefield and evade attacks with precision. Her combination of enhanced strength and agility gives her a significant advantage in battles.
- Regeneration: Zero Two has the ability to regenerate and heal from injuries at an accelerated rate. This power allows her to recover quickly, even from severe wounds, ensuring she can continue fighting without being hindered by physical damage.
- Klaxosaur Transformation: As a human-klaxosaur hybrid, Zero Two can tap into her klaxosaur nature and undergo transformations. These transformations enhance her abilities and grant her additional power and resilience. She can assume a more monstrous form with enhanced strength, durability, and offensive capabilities, making her a formidable adversary on the battlefield.
- Mind Control Resistance: Zero Two possesses resistance to mind control and manipulation, which is attributed to her klaxosaur blood. This resistance makes it difficult for enemies to control or influence their actions through telepathic or psychic means.
- Exceptional Combat Skills: Zero Two is a highly skilled and experienced pilot, making her a formidable opponent in battle. She possesses exceptional combat skills, including advanced piloting techniques and strategic thinking, which allow her to outmaneuver and defeat her enemies.
- Enhanced Physical Abilities: With her klaxosaur heritage, Zero Two possesses enhanced strength, speed, and agility. This gives her an advantage in combat situations, allowing her to overpower opponents and swiftly navigate through challenging environments.
- Resilience and Determination: Zero Two is known for her unwavering determination and resilience. She is willing to face any challenge head-on and does not easily give up, even in the face of adversity. This determination fuels her drive to protect her loved ones and fight for what she believes in.
- Impulsive Nature: Zero Two tends to act on her impulses and can be impulsive in her actions. While this can make her unpredictable and adaptable in certain situations, it can also lead to reckless behavior or decisions that may put herself or others at risk.
- Limited Compatibility: Due to her klaxosaur blood, Zero Two has difficulty forming stable connections with other pilots. Her partners have a high risk of being injured or even dying after piloting with her multiple times. This limits her ability to form long-term partnerships and requires her to find a compatible partner to maximize her effectiveness in battle.
Zero Two uses her Franxx called Strelizia which is equipped with various weapons that allow her to fight the large-sized enemies called the Klaxosaurs. Some of the weapons inside her Sterlizia are:
- Spear of Strelizia: Strelizia’s primary weapon is a large spear-like weapon, which can extend and retract as needed. It is capable of piercing through the tough armor of enemies, delivering powerful thrusts and strikes. The spear enhances Strelizia’s close-quarters combat abilities and can be used for both offense and defense.
- Strelizia Wings: Strelizia’s wings are not only used for flight and maneuverability but also serve as formidable weapons. The wings can transform into sharp, blade-like structures capable of slicing through enemies. They can be used in combination with Strelizia’s movements to unleash swift and precise attacks.
- Hand Claws: Strelizia is equipped with claw-like appendages on its hands, which can be used for close combat. The claws are sharp and durable, allowing Strelizia to deliver slashing attacks to opponents in melee range.
Zero Two’s signature move is called “Apus Drop.” It is a powerful and visually striking attack that she performs while piloting Strelizia, her Franxx. During the Apus Drop, Zero Two and Strelizia ascend high into the air before swiftly descending toward the target. As they descend, Strelizia’s spear is charged with energy, and Zero Two delivers a devastating thrust with incredible speed and force, capable of piercing through even the most formidable adversaries. The Apus Drop is often accompanied by a trail of energy and a dynamic display of agility and precision, showcasing Zero Two’s prowess as a pilot and the immense power of Strelizia. The move has become iconic and is recognized as one of Zero Two’s most impressive and impactful attacks.
Appearances in Popular Media
She made her first appearance in the Anime in Episode 01: Alone and Lonesome.
She made her first appearance in the Manga in Chapter 01.
There is a film related to “Darling in the Franxx” rumored to be made sometime soon, but the official details are not yet announced.
The Japanese voice actor of Zero Two is Tomatsu Haruka and the English voice actor is Tia Ballard.
- German: Chakraborty, Shanti
- Spanish: Trifol, Nuria
- French: Tefnin, Claire
- Portuguese (BR): Guioli, Aline
Reviews and Reception
As a character, Zero Two has been loved by many due to her design and development, but she has also been criticized for a few reasons. Critics have also offered their perspectives on Zero Two, as some critics appreciate her as a well-developed and multifaceted character, praising her complexity and the growth she experiences over the course of the series, and find her to be a compelling protagonist with an intriguing mix of strength and vulnerability. However, there are also critics who feel that her character falls into certain anime tropes and may lack originality.
Zero Two is a captivating character with a unique and intriguing backstory. Her strong and independent personality makes her a compelling protagonist, and her development throughout the series is commendable. Her bond with Hiro is one of the highlights of the show, and fans appreciate the depth and complexity of their relationship. Additionally, her design is visually appealing and has become iconic in the anime community.
Some critics argue that Zero Two falls into certain anime tropes and lacks originality in her character development. They feel that her personality and actions can be predictable at times and that she may rely too heavily on typical “mysterious girl” clichés. There are also critics who find her to be an overly sexualized character, with her provocative behavior and attire overshadowing other aspects of her personality and story.
Zero Two’s story arc concludes with her sacrificing herself in the final battle against the VIRM, an alien species threatening humanity. In order to defeat the VIRM and end the war, Zero Two merges with the klaxosaur princess and unleashes her full power. However, this act comes at a great personal cost, and Zero Two ultimately perishes in the process. Her sacrifice serves as a symbol of hope and inspires her friends and allies to continue fighting for a better world. While her passing is a key turning point in the series, it also serves as an opportunity for the story’s conclusion.
- Food: Honey
- Drink: Coffee
- Color: Pink
- Human: Hiro
- Hobby: Star gazing
Awards and Honors
- Best Female Character: Zero Two got first place for Best Female Character at the 2017–2018 Anime Awards.
Facts and Trivia
- Zero Two is also known by various other aliases such as Partner Killer (パートナー殺し, Pātonā-Goroshi), 9’ι (ナインイオタ, Nain Iota), Code Number 002, Monster, Oni (Demon), and the Pistil of Strelizia.
- Zero Two’s code name, 002, may also be read as Oni. Oni (鬼), the Japanese word for a demon, describes the two horns on her head.
- Zero Two is known by different aliases and codenames throughout the series. One of her old codenames is “Nine Iota,” derived from the fact that “iota” is the 9th letter in the Greek alphabet. Additionally, the kanji for the number 9, which can be read as “kyuu” or “ku,” holds meanings such as “pain,” “anguish,” “suffering,” and “hardship.” Combining the words “Ku” and “Oni” forms “Kuoni,” which means “brave” in Old High German. These various aliases and codenames further add depth and symbolism to Zero Two’s character.
- Tachibana Asami’s theme song, “Vanquish” aka, Strellizia Awakening, serves as her theme music, and the lyrics perfectly capture her feelings and thoughts in Episodes 12 and 13.
- Zero Two exhibits artistic talent and showcases her skills as an artist. She has the ability to create flawless reproductions of the images from her picture book, demonstrating her attention to detail and precision. Additionally, Zero Two has the rare ability to be versatile in utilizing her left and right hands for a variety of activities with ease.
- The horns of Zero Two contain nail-like nerve endings, and she is seen altering them with a filer several times in the series.
- The word used by Zero Two’s character and Japanese voice actor is the most fan-favorite phrase and people love to hear it the most. Her dance moves made in a fan video also became extremely popular in 2020, and it became a template for various videos related to Anime.
- Zero Two possesses a unique ability related to taste. In one instance, she demonstrated her talent by accurately guessing the personalities of three individuals in Squad 13 based on the taste of their sweat. This showcases her heightened senses and intuitive nature.
- The voice actress for Zero Two, Tia Ballard, there was a suggestion by director Clifford Chapin to voice Zero Two with a lollipop in her mouth during scenes where the character had one. However, Tia Ballard found that the lollipop made a crunching noise against her teeth when she spoke, so she decided to use her finger instead to recreate the same effect.
- At the end of the show, Zero Two and Hiro have shown to be reborn after many years and their love story takes a fresh start. They both are shown as young kids playing together and reincarnated in the same class of humans.