Tsunade Senju is a Japanese fictional character, the granddaughter of the first Hokage, Konoha’s fifth Hokage, and a student of the third Hokage in the Naruto series.
Tsunade Senju was born on August 2 (55 years) in Hidden Leaf Village. Her zodiac sign is Leo, and her blood type is B. Like almost all shinobi in the Naruto series, she attended Konoha’s ninja academy located somewhere center of the village. After becoming a genin, she teamed up with Jiraiya and Orochimaru under the mentorship of the third Hokage. As the story progresses, she climbs up the rank of Chunin and Genin. Eventually, she becomes the fifth Hokage after the death of the third Hokage.
Weight: 48.9 kg
Hairstyle: Long Straight Hair
Hair Colour: Light Blonde
Eye Colour: Brown
Tsunade is a descendant of Hashirama Senju and Mito Uzumaki. As she possesses the bloodline of Konoha’s founding figures, so she inherits their exceptional talents and capabilities.
Tsunade belongs to the Senju clan, one of the founding clans of Konohagakure.
Parents & Siblings
Tsunade’s parents were never revealed in the manga and anime. Tsunade had a younger brother named Nawaki Senju who was killed in a battle.
Husband & Children
After losing her first love and younger brother, Tsunade decided she would never get married.
Love Interest – Boyfriend
Tsunade was in a relationship with Kato Dan, a jonin of Konohagakure, who contributed to his village and died during the Second Great Ninja War. His death left a lasting impact on her and developed hemophobia, an intense fear of blood, in her. In order to cope with her grief, Tsunade found amusement in gambling and drinking. Following Dan’s death, the necklace that belonged to Hashirama was returned to Tsunade, which gave rise to rumors that wearing it brought a cursed fate upon the wearer.
Despite their team disbanding under Hiruzen’s leadership, Tsunade, Orochimaru, and Jiraiya continued fighting together during the Second Shinobi World War. They survived a perilous encounter with the formidable Hanzō in Amegakure, earning the title of Konoha’s “Legendary Sannin.” Using her exceptional skills in medical ninjutsu and monstrous strength, Tsunade made significant contributions to the war.
Tsunade Senju was brought to life by Masashi Kishimoto, the creator, and mangaka behind the popular franchise. Kishimoto aimed to create a character who embodied resilience, determination, and leadership while exploring themes of trauma, loss, and personal growth. He carefully crafted Tsunade’s background, incorporating elements of tragedy and resilience. Her lineage as a member of the Senju clan, known for its exceptional chakra and renowned abilities, added depth to her character.
Tsuanade’s Physical and Emotional Traits
Masashi Kishimoto, the creator of Naruto, developed the character of Tsunade, infusing her with unique attributes and a compelling backstory that shaped her into a memorable and influential figure in the series. Kishimoto’s vision for Tsunade included both her physical and personality traits, as well as her role as a powerful female character in a male-dominated world. First and foremost, Kishimoto gave Tsunade exceptional strength and unparalleled medical abilities. As a member of the renowned Senju clan, Tsunade inherited powerful chakra and inherited the other unique abilities of her ancestors. Kishimoto highlighted Tsunade’s mastery of medical ninjutsu, making her one of the greatest healers in the Naruto world. This combination of immense strength and healing prowess set Tsunade apart as a formidable and well-rounded shinobi.
Tsuande’s Tragic Backstory
To further develop Tsunade’s character, Kishimoto added a tragic backstory. Tsunade’s personal history was marked by loss and grief, having witnessed the deaths of her loved ones, including her brother Nawaki and her lover Dan Katō. These experiences left a lasting impact on her, shaping her cautious and often sarcastic behavior. Tsunade’s journey to overcome her past trauma and reclaim her optimism became a central aspect of her character development.
Her Role As The Fifth Hokage
In addition to her physical and emotional attributes, Kishimoto highlighted Tsunade’s endurance and determination. Despite the hardships she endured, Tsunade displayed unwavering loyalty to her village and a deep sense of responsibility as a leader. This resilience was symbolized by her gambling habit, which reflected her willingness to take risks and gamble in the future. Moreover, Kishimoto depicted Tsunade as an inspiration for future generations of shinobi. As the first female Hokage in the history of Konoha, Tsunade shattered gender barriers and became a symbol of empowerment for women in the Naruto universe. Kishimoto’s portrayal of Tsunade as a strong, capable, and influential leader highlighted the importance of gender equality and challenged traditional stereotypes.
Through Masashi Kishimoto’s creative vision, Tsunade emerged as a multidimensional character, blending strength, vulnerability, tragedy, and determination. Her unique attributes and experiences allowed her to make a lasting impact on the story of Naruto and resonate with audiences as a symbol of resilience, leadership, and the power of healing.
As Hokage, Tsunade played an essential role in dealing with the powerful criminal organization known as Akatsuki. She mobilized Konoha’s forces to counter the Akatsuki’s evil plans and protect the village from their deadly actions. Tsunade’s strategic leadership and ability to make tough decisions turned out to be beneficial in safeguarding Konoha. Following the destructive events of the Fourth Shinobi World War, Tsunade took on the task of rebuilding and restoring Konoha. This task required her to manage resources, coordinate reconstruction efforts, and provide support to the citizens affected by the war.
Fights Her Former Comrade Orochimaru
Tsunade faced her former teammate, Orochimaru, in intense combat when she refused to heal his arms. She used her powerful medical ninjutsu and her monstrous strength to defend herself and protect her allies. By the end of this battle, Tsunade managed to overcome her fear of blood.
Battle Against Kabuto Yakushi
Tsunade engaged in a battle against Kabuto Yakushi, who had aligned himself with Orochimaru and later became a member of Akatsuki. As Tsunade’s body was completely defenseless in the state of her phobia, Kabuto became a threat to Tsuande for a short time. However, in a selfless act, Naruto stepped in and shielded Tsunade from Kabuto’s attack, taking the injury upon himself to protect her.
The Great Fourth Shinobi War
During the Fourth Shinobi World War, Tsunade played an active role and confronted one of the strongest Uchiha Clan members, Madara Uchiha. Despite Madara’s immense power and reputation, Tsunade fearlessly engaged him in battle. Using her exceptional medical ninjutsu skills, she not only healed and supported her wounded allies but also showcased her incredible strength and combat abilities to contribute to the ongoing war effort.
- Becoming the Fifth Hokage: One of Tsunade’s greatest victories is her appointment as the Fifth Hokage, the leader of Konohagakure. Her selection signifies her immense skill, knowledge, and reputation as a shinobi and medical ninja. As Hokage, Tsunade makes important decisions and leads the village during critical times.
- Developing Medical Ninjutsu: Tsunade is widely recognized for her expertise in medical ninjutsu. She develops groundbreaking techniques such as the Creation Rebirth and the Strength of a Hundred Seal. Her medical skills play a vital role in saving lives and healing injured shinobi, making her an invaluable asset to her village and allies.
- Contributing to the Fourth Great Ninja War: Tsunade actively participates in the Fourth Great Ninja War, leading the Allied Shinobi Forces against the Akatsuki and their allies. Her strategic guidance and medical expertise are instrumental in coordinating and sustaining the alliance’s efforts, ultimately leading to victory.
- The loss of loved ones: Tsunade has experienced the loss of several loved ones throughout her life, including her younger brother Nawaki and her lover Dan Kato. These losses deeply impact Tsunade, making her reluctant to take on the role of Hokage initially and influencing her decisions as a leader.
- Temporary resignation as Hokage: Following the death of Jiraiya and the invasion of Pain, Tsunade falls into a deep state of grief and temporarily resigns as Hokage. Her emotional state and self-doubt hinder her ability to lead effectively during a critical time, which can be seen as a failure in her leadership role.
- Being manipulated by Orochimaru: Tsunade’s trust and friendship with Orochimaru are exploited during the events of the Sasuke Retrieval arc. Orochimaru threatens the lives of Konoha shinobi and Tsunade’s subordinates to force her into making difficult decisions. While Tsunade manages to resist Orochimaru’s control, her initial self-doubt can be seen as a failure.
- Inability to prevent the destruction of Konoha: Despite her best efforts during Pain’s assault on Konoha, Tsunade is unable to prevent significant damage and casualties in the village. The destruction serves as a reminder of her limitations and the challenges she faces as a leader.
Orochimaru, Tsunade’s former teammate and one of the legendary sannin, posed a threat to Hidden Leaf Village. Being the Hokage of the village, Tsunade tried to protect Konoha from Orochimaru by keeping an eye on his activities.
As the Fifth Hokage, Tsunade encountered the powerful criminal organization known as Akatsuki; its members, including Pain, Konan, Kisame, and Obito were a significant threat to Konoha and the shinobi world. Tsunade actively opposed Akatsuki’s destructive goals, leading to intense battles as she defended her village and worked to neutralize the organization’s dangerous influence.
Tsunade confronted Madara Uchiha alongside other Kages during the Fourth Great Ninja War. Madara wanted to trap the shinobi world in his genjutsu using Ten-Tails. The five Kages fought Madara bravely and managed to deliver some significant damage to him. However, they soon found themselves overwhelmed by Madara’s immense power and skill. Despite their valiant efforts, they struggled to match his strength and were forced to reassess their strategies in order to stand a chance against him. The encounter with Madara posed a formidable challenge for Tsunade and her fellow Kages, testing their resolve and pushing them to their limits.
Jiraiya, one of the legendary Sannin and Tsunade’s former teammates, shared a deep bond with her. They had a long history together, having trained under the Third Hokage and fought alongside each other in various missions. After the death of the third Hokage, Jiraiya approached Tsunade and convinced her to take up the position of the Hokage.
Tsunade developed a strong bond with Naruto Uzumaki, the Seventh Hokage, whom she mentored and supported during his journey as a shinobi. After seeing Naruto’s unwavering determination, she agreed to become the fifth Hokage of Konoha. They often engaged in friendly fights and disagreements, and as the story progressed, their bond grew stronger.
Shizune, Tsunade’s loyal and capable apprentice, became not only a trusted subordinate but also a close friend. Shizune supported Tsunade in her role as the Fifth Hokage, assisting her in administrative tasks, carrying out missions, and providing invaluable advice.
While initially a foe, Orochimaru, one of the legendary Sannin, had a complex relationship with Tsunade. They were former teammates and shared a history of both friendship and discord. As their paths diverged, Orochimaru’s actions raised conflicts between them.
The Other Four Kages
Tsunade formed strong alliances with the leaders of the other shinobi villages to form the Konoha Allied Shinobi Forces during the Fourth Shinobi World War. Through mutual trust and collaboration, Tsunade worked alongside leaders such as Gaara, the Kazekage of Sunagakure, Mei Terumi, the Mizukage of Kirigakure, and others, to unite their respective villages and combat the threats to the shinobi world.
Tsunade’s MBTI personality type is ESTP. While Nawaki and Dan were alive, Tsunade wholeheartedly embraced the belief in the possibility of dreams. She offered her support and encouragement, hoping to help them in their pursuit of those dreams. However, their tragic deaths, soon after receiving her assistance, shattered Tsunade’s faith in chasing dreams. She developed a particular doubt towards individuals aspiring to become Hokage, considering that both Dan and Nawaki lost their lives in their pursuit of the title. Reflecting on the untimely deaths of past Hokage, Tsunade argued that holding the position was ultimately pointless and deemed being Hokage a foolish attempt.
Tsunade’s perspective undergoes a profound transformation when she encounters Naruto Uzumaki. Naruto’s presence and actions challenge Tsunade’s cynicism and offer her two crucial lessons: the belief that seemingly impossible goals can be achieved, and that even if the dreamer passes away, the dream itself can endure. Naruto’s exceptional nature defies Tsunade’s previous understanding of the world, prompting her to regain her faith in dreams. Her desire to believe becomes so strong that she overcomes her deep-seated fear of blood. Motivated by her newfound conviction, Tsunade assumes the role of Hokage, not only to honor the dreams of her late loved ones, Nawaki and Dan, but also to pave the way for Naruto’s inevitable ascension to the position. As Tsunade grows closer to Naruto, she allows him to affectionately refer to her as “Grandma,” knowing that it stems from a genuine sense of affection and respect.
As the Hokage, Tsunade is passionately devoted to protecting Konoha and its villagers, willing to sacrifice her own life if necessary. She wholeheartedly supports the dreams of others, driven by her desire to honor the dreams of her fallen loved ones and prepare the way for Naruto to fulfill his destiny as Hokage. Tsunade forms a close bond with Naruto, allowing him to affectionately refer to her as “Grandma.”
While Tsunade embodies the Will of Fire and believes in the potential of the next generation of Konoha’s ninjas, she is not without her flaws. She can be blunt, short-tempered, and prone to physical scolds, often striking Naruto and Jiraiya for their immaturity and perversion, respectively. Tsunade has a fondness for gambling, a habit inherited from her grandfather, Hashirama Senju. Despite her frequent gambling habits, she is well-known for her lack of luck, earning her the nickname “The Legendary Sucker” from those who profit from her losses.
Emotional Strength: 7/10
Social Skills: 9/10
During her childhood, Tsunade’s attire consisted of a grey mesh shirt layered with a teal-colored kimono, featuring short sleeves and red lining around the collars. She secured the kimono with a blue sash and complemented her outfit with red wristbands, white leg wrappings, and blue sandals.
As an adult, Tsunade often dresses in a grass-green haori with the symbol for “gamble” (賭, kake) inscribed on the back within a red circle. Beneath the haori, she wears a grey, sleeveless kimono-style blouse fastened by a wide, dark bluish-grey obi that matches her pants. The low-cut blouse reveals her notable cleavage. Her footwear choice consists of open-toed, strapped black sandals with high heels. Tsunade adorns her fingernails and toenails with red nail polish and applies soft pink lipstick. For a significant period, she proudly wore the First Hokage’s necklace until passing it on to Naruto.
Through the utilization of chakra, the Transformation Technique enables users to change their physical appearance. It grants them the ability to appear younger, older, or even assume the likeness of another individual. Sustaining the transformed appearance requires constant focus from the user. However, Tsunade possessed a unique advantage with her Creation Rebirth seal. By tapping into her extensive chakra reserves, she effortlessly maintained the appearance of a youthful woman despite being in her late fifties. This ability not only served as a convenient means to keep her desired appearance but also allowed her to elude persistent debt collectors.
Tsunade’s most distinctive transformation is the activation of her Strength of a Hundred Seal. By releasing the stored chakra within the seal, she gains an immense boost in strength, speed, and endurance. This transformation allows her to deliver devastating punches and strikes, capable of causing significant damage to her opponents.
Tsunade possesses the ability of Mitotic Regeneration, which grants her an accelerated healing factor. By focusing her chakra, Tsunade can regenerate and heal severe injuries, allowing her to withstand powerful attacks and continue fighting. This transformation not only enhances her endurance in battles but also makes her a difficult opponent to defeat.
As one of the legendary Sannin, Tsunade has access to the Slug Sage Mode. By entering this state, Tsunade gains an enhanced sensory perception and a significant increase in her physical attributes. This transformation enables her to sense and react to danger swiftly while expanding her combat prowess, making her a powerful foe to be dealt with.
Similar to her fellow students of the Third Hokage, Tsunade possesses remarkable shinobi abilities. Her prowess gained widespread recognition after the Second Shinobi World War when she, along with Jiraiya and Orochimaru, earned the title of Sannin, dubbed by Hanzō. Tsunade’s remarkable skills were marked as a crucial factor in Konoha’s triumph during the war, enhancing her reputation as the strongest female ninja in the world in the years that followed.
Tsunade is considered one of the greatest medical ninjas in the Naruto series. Her expertise in medical ninjutsu allows her to heal severe injuries, cure illnesses, and even revive the critically wounded. She can use her chakra with remarkable precision to heal wounds and restore the health of herself and others.
A peak of Tsunade’s medical ninjutsu, Creation Rebirth is a technique that utilizes the Strength of a Hundred Seal. By sacrificing a portion of her lifespan, Tsunade can activate this jutsu, enabling her to heal injuries at an accelerated rate and recover from near-fatal conditions. It grants her remarkable regenerative abilities.
Tsunade has a contract with the slugs of Mount Myoboku, allowing her to summon them to aid her in battle. Through the Summoning Technique, she can summon giant slugs such as Katsuyu, who possesses vast knowledge and powerful healing abilities. This technique provides additional support and strategic options for Tsunade on the battlefield.
Tsunade’s physical strength is exceptional. With her immense chakra and the activation of her Strength of a Hundred Seal, she can deliver destructive punches and strikes, capable of causing tremendous damage to her opponents. Her raw power allows her to smash through solid structures and overpower even the most powerful opponents.
Tsunade possesses exceptional chakra control, which is vital for her medical ninjutsu. Her precise control enables her to easily perform complex techniques, making her healing abilities highly effective. Tsunade’s chakra control also enhances her overall combat skills, allowing her to execute jutsu precisely and efficiently.
Tsunade’s exceptional abilities in medical ninjutsu make her an invaluable asset in any battle scenario. Her profound knowledge and skill in healing techniques enable her to address severe injuries, treat illnesses, and even revive those who are critically wounded.
Tsunade is renowned for her extraordinary physical strength. Her immense power allows her to deliver powerful punches and overpower her foes. In close-quarters combat, Tsunade’s physical strength turns odd in her favor.
Tsunade’s combat style heavily relies on close-quarters combat and physical strength. This can be a disadvantage against opponents who excel in long-range attacks or possess powerful defensive techniques.
Tsunade’s proficiency in genjutsu is not as developed as other aspects of her abilities. This leaves her at risk to skilled genjutsu users who can manipulate her perception.
Tsunade’s powerful healing techniques often require her to sacrifice her own lifespan. This limitation can affect her overall endurance in battles.
Tsunade’s deep emotional attachments, particularly to her loved ones, can sometimes be exploited by adversaries who seek to manipulate her or use her emotions against her.
Tsunade wields chakra-infused scalpels, which are precise and versatile tools commonly used in medical ninjutsu. With these scalpels, she can perform complex surgical procedures or use them as weapons in combat. And by infusing chakra in blades, she can enhance their cutting power. Additionally, Tsunade carries a ninja pouch, a standard accessory for shinobi. Within her pouch, she stores various items such as explosive tags, kunai, and shuriken. While not her primary focus, Tsunade can utilize these items for attack purposes or as a means of distraction during battle.
Cherry Blossom Clash is the signature move of Tsunade.
Appearances in Popular Media
Tsunade makes her appearance in Naruto anime’s episode 83.
With chapter 139, Tsunade made her debut in Naruto manga.
Tsunade has made her appearance in the following Naruto movies.
Naruto Shippuden the Movie
Naruto Shippuden the Movie: The Will of Fire
Naruto the Movie: Blood Prison
Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie
Video Games/Other Media
Tsunade is a playable character in the following Naruto video games.
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes
Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Tsunade is featured in Kakashi Hiden: Lightning in the Ice Sky.
Tsunade has made her appearance in Finally a Clash! Jōnin vs. Genin!! Indiscriminate Grand Melee Tournament Meeting!!
Masako Katsuki, Haruhi Nanao, and Kanae Oki have voiced Tsunade in Japanese. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, Dorothy Elias-Fahn, and Debi Mae West have dubbed the English version.
- Italian: Stefania Patruno
- Spanish: Dulce Guerrero
- Hebrew: Efrat Ben Israel
- Portuguese (BR): Cecília Lemes, Priscila Ferreira
- Korean: Do Yeong Song
- French: Laurence César
- German: Joey Cordevin
Food: Chicken Breasts
- Contrary to the typical enrollment age of around six or seven in the academy, she began her journey even earlier. According to her stats in the manga, Tsunade managed to graduate from the Academy at the tender age of six, surpassing the usual timeline for most children to even attend the academy.
- In certain Naruto video games, Tsunade’s character is voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. Interestingly, McGlynn is also the voice actor who provided the English dub for another Naruto character, Kurenai.
- Tsunade’s character is introduced in the Naruto manga relatively late, making her first appearance in chapter 139. However, her name is mentioned earlier in chapter 84 during the Chunin Exam arc, when Tenten brings up Tsunade in conversation.
- In the Naruto canon, there is no direct explanation of how Tsunade and Naruto are related. Tsunade’s grandparents are Hashirama Senju and Mito Uzumaki, while Naruto’s parents are Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki. The lineage of Minato’s mother is not explicitly mentioned in the series, but it is speculated that she could be the daughter of Hashirama Senju. This leaves a possibility that Tsunade could be related to Naruto as his great-aunt. However, it is important to note that this is a speculative connection based on the family trees of the Senju and Uzumaki clans, and it has not been confirmed within the canon storyline.
- Before the showdown with Orochimaru, Jiraiya approaches Tsunade and proposes that she should become the fifth Hokage. Tsunade initially refused the suggestion and expresses her disbelief, stating that previous Hokage had sacrificed their lives in vain for the village. She firmly believes that only a fool would desire the title of Hokage. However, the battle with Orochimaru proves to be a turning point for Tsunade. It alters her perspective and gives her a different outlook on life.
- Masashi Kishimoto drew inspiration from the Japanese folktale called “The Tale of the Gallant Jiraiya” when creating the characters Tsunade, Jiraiya, and Orochimaru in Naruto. He not only borrowed their names but also used elements of their storylines and abilities. In the folktale, Tsunade and Jiraiya possess toad magic and healing abilities, while Orochimaru wields snake magic. Interestingly, in the tale, Tsunade is not only skilled in healing but is also married to Jiraiya.
- Tsunade had a reputation as the “Legendary Sucker” (伝説のカモ, Densetsu no Kamo) due to her fondness for gambling. Despite being aware of her poor luck and tendency to make bad bets, Tsunade continued to play gambling, leading to significant financial losses.
- Tsunade’s data stats are remarkable, as she achieves a score of 35 out of 40 points, which is notably high. In comparison, Jiraiya’s score is slightly higher at 35.5, while Sakura’s score reaches a maximum of 26. It is worth noting that Tsunade’s reputation as the world’s strongest kunoichi and renowned medical-nin greatly contributes to her impressive stat rankings.
- Tsunade had deep feelings of love for Dan Katō, and his untimely death during the Second Shinobi War left an immense void in her heart. The loss had a lasting impact, causing Tsunade to refrain from forming such close emotional bonds with anyone else. Jiraiya, despite his unwavering desire to be with Tsunade, acknowledged that finding happiness was not in his destiny. Nevertheless, Jiraiya and Tsunade developed a strong friendship and often spent their time drinking together. Prior to departing to confront Pain, Jiraiya expressed his hopes that Tsunade would consider giving him a chance upon his return.
- In the Naruto series, Tsunade Senju is indeed depicted as the only known living member of the Senju clan. The Senju clan, led by Hashirama Senju, and the Uchiha clan, led by Madara Uchiha, were involved in a historical power struggle and conflict. Tsunade had a younger brother named Nawaki Senju, who tragically died before the events of the Naruto story.
- By using a special combination of the Strength of a Hundred Seal and the Transformation Technique, Tsunade manages to preserve a youthful appearance. Unlike the traditional use of the technique, Tsunade’s advanced version allows her to maintain her transformed appearance effortlessly without exerting continuous effort. Her natural appearance is only revealed when she spends all the chakra stored within her Hundred Seal.
- Tsunade used to wear a special necklace, crafted from a unique Crystal Gem, which was gifted to her by her grandfather, the first Hokage. This necklace had the ability to capture and control tailed beasts. Initially, Tsunade gave the necklace to her younger brother Nawaki on his twelfth birthday. Later, Tsunade offered this necklace to Dan, her beloved, after Nawaki’s death. Like Nawaki, Dan also met his end in battle. This series of events led Tsunade to perceive the necklace as a curse. However, the pattern was broken when Naruto won a bet against Tsunade and received the necklace. Nevertheless, the necklace eventually shattered when Naruto lost control and transformed into his six-tailed form.
- The name Tsunade (綱手) has various translations and interpretations. While one possible translation of the kanji 綱 is “mooring rope,” it may not align perfectly with Tsunade’s name in the Naruto story. It’s worth noting that translations can vary depending on the context and language used. In simplified Chinese, the same kanji can be interpreted to mean “steel hand”, which sounds more suitable for Tsunade’s character.
- After her intense battle with Pain, Tsunade was too physically impaired to fulfill the roles of Hokage. So, Kakashi Hatake is appointed as the official sixth Hokage, and Tsunade assists him in carrying out his duties during his first year in office. It is worth noting that it is uncommon for a Hokage to retire, as many have sacrificed their lives to protect the village. However, in the subsequent events, Naruto Uzumaki is elected and assumes the position of the Seventh Hokage, succeeding Kakashi.
- In the Naruto series, the identity of Tsunade Senju’s parents is not explicitly revealed. It is mentioned that Tsunade is the granddaughter of Hashirama Senju, the First Hokage. However, the specific details regarding her parents, whether she has a son or daughter, or any siblings are not provided in the story.
- Naruto Uzumaki, the main protagonist, likes to give unique nicknames to people he is close to, regardless of their age. For instance, he refers to Jiraiya as “Ero-Sennin” or “Pervy Sage.” Similarly, Naruto affectionately calls Tsunade, the strongest woman in Konoha, “Grandma Tsunade.” It appears that Naruto’s habit of using this nickname for Tsunade originates from his close bond with her, who considers him family. Other shinobi in the story might refrain from using this nickname, perhaps out of respect or a sense of formality towards Tsunade.
- Tsunade, the Fifth Hokage, possesses distinctive physical traits. She is known for her seductive and attractive figure, characterized by a plump and shapely body. Her smooth and radiant skin, along with her beautiful face and long blonde hair, adds to her overall attractive appearance. Tsunade is often portrayed as having a generous bust size, which has been known to capture the attention of characters like Jiraiya.
- Tsunade’s habit of gambling is said to have been inherited from her grandfather, Hashirama. In her free time, when she is not occupied with her duties as the leader of Konoha, Tsunade frequently invites her trusted companion and assistant, Shizune, to accompany her on outings to the liquor store.
- Tsunade can’t die of natural disasters or from being attacked, as she has unique generational abilities. Even when Boruto dies, it’s possible that this legendary Sannin will continue to live. The explanation is that during many battles, Tsunade would use her jutsu to immediately cure her wounds despite suffering fatal injuries.